field camp (continued)
DAY 4:
Morning chiong chiong a bit, then its technical break!!
Yeah but then technical break just means no training. Still muz dig drainage, and clean rifle. But the mood was great! Everybody was super light-hearted. We had our bath out in the open, in front of some sispec fibua building. The stupid darned taps were only up to our waist in height, and the water was only like dripping out. Each person had around 3 minutes under that miserable tap, because other idiotic platoons ate into our showering time. Then we went to the miniature jetty to take photos. The view was like super nice! There was breathtaking scenery, everybody was relaxed and CLEAN. It was a refreshing break from the jungle. Took some pictures. Hope Alvin develops extra for our section. And we got fresh steaming food!! Wah everyone gobbled the food down like there was no tomorrow. Yum yum. All in all, it was a great break that pumped up everybody’s spirits.
DAY 5:
DAY 6:
Marched to reclaimed land. Cheering non stop all the way. Quite cool. But digging of shell scrape and trench was a bitch. Especially when it starts raining cats and dog and your work gets hampered. And especially when your supposed hot steaming fresh lunch gets drenched in the rain. The rain was so frigging heavy that my supposed trench became a swimming pool. Damn. And we were all so cold that all of us became damn lethargic. Digging became a huge chore. We were all shivering from the cold, and unable to get our limbs to do our bidding. During rest time, we were all hugging each other to stave off the cold and hunger. Alas, all good things had to come to an end. Finally, evacuation orders were given, and we ended up spending the night in a training shed nearby. The night was damn eventful but I shant elaborate on that.
DAY 7:
Highlight of the day was Battle Inoculation Course. In case you are thinking it sounds familiar, there are three battle courses, the normal battle course, the battle inoculation course and also the battle assault course which we would do later. We do quite different things during the course, but essentially its purpose is to get mud and sand all over you. During BIC, it rained AGAIN. In fact, it rained like it never rained before. Damn, when I was crawling that extra super long 100m, I felt like I was wading in a swimming pool. Only my head was above the mud water. But on I swam, breaststroke, backstroke, until I reached the end point. The feeling of exhilaration is unparalleled. The rain was so heavy that when we were doing the stupid declaration before going back, we couldn’t even open our eyes. I swear I am not exaggerating. It was that heavy. After that in the tonner our morale was super high, cuz WE SURVIVED!!!!
That’s the end of field camp, damn boring, damn tiring, and have I told you how much I hate mud and sand? And of course, pongtay rice. -_-

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home